HOW ITERO® WORKS
Before your treatment begins, Dr. Salem and the rest of our team need to fully understand every detail of your smile to ensure optimal results every step of the way. In the past, the only method for capturing these measurements was to take a physical impression that involved the placement of a putty-like material into the patient’s mouth. Understandably, many people find this technique incredibly unpleasant, and the results have a chance of being inefficient as well. Thankfully, we’ve said goodbye to this method for a superior alternative that’s much more precise and more comfortable. Our practice provides the latest in digital impression technology to our patients: iTero.
THE ITERO IMAGING PROCESS
iTero is ideal in many ways when compared to the traditional impression process eliminating messy materials and creating a more relaxing and pleasant environment for patients. This is especially true for younger patients and patients with sensitive gag reflexes who can’t handle the goopy materials long enough to capture accurate measurements. With iTero, Dr. Salem uses a wand that easily fits into the mouth and rests over each tooth at a time, capturing photographs of its structure and submitting them into the computer system. Within mere minutes, our team can form a comprehensive appearance of your smile easily viewed on the chairside monitor by both doctor and patient.
THE ITERO® DIFFERENCE
- This state-of-the-art technology offers our patients valuable benefits, including:
- iTero captures accurate measurements for both traditional braces and Invisalign treatment, drastically reducing the chances that you’ll be called back for a redo. This saves patients time and money.
- When using iTero in conjunction with Invisalign, Dr. Salem is able to send your digital impressions directly to the appropriate lab, which results in faster turnaround time. The additional precision and attention to detail shortens overall treatment time!
- Patients won’t require as many adjustments with iTero allowing them to attend check-ups over the course of their treatment that are shorter and further apart.
- The oral wand we use fits more easily into patients’ mouths compared to traditional impression materials allowing you to remain comfortable throughout the scanning process.